Have you ever trimmed a photo from a video on your android phone? Let’s say you want to extract an image from your favorite video, how will you do that? Don’t worry this article got you all covered up. Follow the methods and steps in this article to obtain enough knowledge and skills.
There are a lot of circumstances that force someone to photos of a video you took maybe because:
- Their pictures got lost
- You never captured any picture, instead, you took a video
- You forgot to take pictures
- Your phone was running out of storage.
Since the video is there, obtaining pictures from that video is easy.
Use of video apps
Below are some of the steps you will follow to get these pictures:
- Go to your phone files and tap the video folder to select the video you want to get pictures from. Similarly, you can open your media player app and choose the video that you want to get pictures from.
- Tap to open the video on your android phone.
- Let the video play and pause it whenever you want to capture that picture.
- Once the video has paused, tap once on the video screen to hide the player controls. As soon as you pause the video, the player controls appear on the screen.
- To finalize, screenshot the paused video on your screen by pressing the power button and volume down button at once.
Use of third-party apps
If you want to use a third-party app to obtain a picture from a video, that’s well and good. In this case, you will use an online video editor known as Kapwing. This app is compatible with android devices as it gives you the full editing functions.
To capture your picture from a video using Kapwing, follow the steps below:
Locate your video.
In this step, you will confirm the location that you have saved your video. Before you proceed to your next step, make sure that the video can be seen in your file browser. If your video has a very long and complicated file name, you can rename the video for easy access.
Uploading the video to Kapwing.
When you have mastered the location of your video, open Kapwing in your browser.
- From the Top menu on your homepage, click tools.
- Scroll down the options and click on “convert video” option.
- The video converter tool will enable us to create a JPEG from that video.
- Click upload file option in your device if the video’s location is in your device.
- To upload the video to the browser, use the drag and drop option.
- Choosing the frame.
- Click the green labeled arrow to capture a picture from your video.
- From the drop-down menu list, select the “Export as image” option.
- Move the slider to the right as you check the frame you want to capture. (It’s advisable to trim the video if its long to make the framing process easier.
Publish and Download.
To process your JPEG file, it’s important to make sure that you’ve chosen the freeze-frame from your video.
- To capture your shot, tap on the red button labeled “Export image”.
- After a few seconds, you will now be able to download your snapshot.
- On the left side of your screen, click on the download tab to save it in your device.
It’s important to sign in/ sign up into Kapwing account if you are not signed in. By doing so, the watermark will be deleted from your final result.
I am an Android app developer, content writer and freelancer. Working as an app developer since 2017. I always share various android app related suggestion, guide, tips and tricks.