LinkedIn is one of the prominent platforms among job seekers and employers as this platform connects employers and job seekers.
Ever since it was launched in 2003 the user interface of the website has been enhanced to create an engaging platform.
Apart from that, LinkedIn also provides other services such as sharing thoughts on professional and factual topics and promoting events.
This has opened a channel for LinkedIn members to build professional relationships with each other.
The functions and features of this platform are diversified to allow LinkedIn members to access the website conveniently and effectively.
Job seekers can let their potential recruiters know that they are open on LinkedIn from their profile.
This would open the chances for job seekers to be seen by potential recruiters as LinkedIn is one of the hotspots for recruiters to find potential candidates.
Here’s how to let recruiters know you are open on LinkedIn. (Create a new LinkedIn account if you don’t have one: https://www.linkedin.com/signup)
- 1 Steps to Enable the Open to Work feature in LinkedIn
- 2 Steps to edit or remove the Open to Work feature in LinkedIn
- 3 Commonly asked Questions
Steps to Enable the Open to Work feature in LinkedIn
1. Open the LinkedIn account.
2. Select the “Me icon” at the top of your LinkedIn homepage then click view profile.
3. Click the “Open to” option and click “Finding a new job”.
4. When the pop-up window appears choose whether “all LinkedIn members” or “only recruiters” can see that you’re open to job opportunities.
5. Then, click the “Add to profile” option.
Steps to edit or remove the Open to Work feature in LinkedIn
1. Open the LinkedIn account.
2. Select the “Me” icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage then click view profile.
3. Click the “Edit” icon from the Open to Workbox.
4. Follow the prompts to edit the information you previously provided.
5. Then, click the “Save” option.
6. To delete choose the “delete from profile” option.
Commonly asked Questions
Question: How to update LinkedIn profile without notifying contacts?
Answer: After updating your profile there will be an option to disable the “Share with Network” before saving the changes. Therefore, after updating your profile disable the toggle before saving the changes made.
Question: What are endorsements?
Answer: Endorsements refer to getting verified by people whom you’ve worked with before with that you are qualified in a skill. These endorsements are made public on the LinkedIn page to verify that you do have that certain skill.
Question: Are connections and followers the same?
Answer: Connections and followers are not the same. Connections refer to the LinkedIn members who have connected with you where both the parties will be able to see each other’s updates. While followers are LinkedIn members who have subscribed to you and only, they will be able to see your updates.
LinkedIn is one of the best websites for both Employers and Job seekers not only to connect with each other but to get inspired and to expand their network.
That is because the feature of this platform allows members of LinkedIn to come across various types of information and people in their feed.
Checkout this page to know How to share a post on LinkedIn?
I am a professional content writer and freelancer. I have been writing for over 8 years now, with an expertise in the world of technology. My articles are usually about how to use new technologies that are being introduced on the market, or some other type of related topic. Currently, my favorite topics are blockchain and cryptocurrencies because they’re so interesting!