Forgot your smartphone’s lock screen password? Don’t panic because at the back of your mind you know that there is no way you can unlock your phone once you forget the lock screen password?
Many people know that when you will find yourself in this scenario, the only way to access your phone once again is by factory resetting the phone. This is a big challenge since all the data in the phone will get lost.
You don’t have to panic, this article will help and guide you to get passed it. You can safely bypass your phone’s lock screen using camera.
Is this method applicable?
All what you need is to disable the security lock of your phone. This method will work since your mobile phone has an emergency number feature and your phone’s camera will disable the lock. Although your phone is locked, you can still get access to your phone’s camera by swiping up on your lock screen to open it.
Steps to bypass the lock screen feature in your phone:
You can do so by following these steps carefully.
- At the lower part of your phone’s screen, tap or swipe on the call icon.
- This will prompt you to enter your password, but since you are bypassing the lock screen, tap the ‘emergency call’ tab
- Type a very long string of numbers and copy them on clipboard.
- Next, you will paste those numbers again and again like 10 more times until you come to reach a point where the numbers could not be highlighted.
- Once you are done, go back to your phone’s lock screen and access the camera on your lower part of lock screen. (This varies from the type of your phone, as some people may do so by swiping left to the camera or double tapping the camera).
- Once the camera has opened, you will be able to scroll the notification slider (normally found at the top of your phone’s screen) down to get full access to those functions and features. Once the notification slider has dropped down, you can now tap gear icon.
- By doing so, a password prompt will have been initiated to your phone asking you to type in your password or pin. Long press the empty dialog box for password entry where the cursor keeps on blinking.Andthen tap on the “Paste” option.
- This will paste the string numbers you had copied as from the beginning. Continue pasting this and make sure that the cursor position is at the end of the line.
- As soon as you finish repeating the copy and paste action multiple times, this will eventually force your system to crash. You will note that there is some small change on the soft icons as they will have disappeared and not to be seen.
- The phone’s camera will eventually crash, and when it does just know you have successfully bypassed the lock screen security system.
- Once done, your home screen will appear on the phone.
However, you should keep in mind that this method is not compatible with all android phones, they vary depending on the android versions.
I am an Android app developer, content writer and freelancer. Working as an app developer since 2017. I always share various android app related suggestion, guide, tips and tricks.