Technology is advancing, and every step is accountable for a change. Communication has become faster and easy. Texting has become a method where people can exchange ideas and come up with a solution. However, it becomes tiresome when texting a lot of people to receive certain views on a project or perhaps a solution.
Assuming you want to convey a business message to different people all over the company or you want to conduct a certain survey across the town/village, how will you do it? Well, the simplest way to do all this, is to convey a group message to the people you want to work with.
Do you know how to add someone to a group text using an android device? If you don’t know, don’t worry, this article will guide you on how to do it. Since we have different messaging apps in our android devices, we are going to have a look each app mentioned.
What is a group text?
A group text is simply a text message that is sent to a large number of people in the same group. The size of the group doesn’t matter. The message being conveyed should be the same since all members of the group will receive the same message.
Some of the messaging apps capable of sending group texts in android devices:
- Message app.
On Message app
With smartphones, communication was made easy and faster compared to old days.
To add someone to a group text via the message app in your android device, follow the steps below:
- Open the “message app” on your android device.
- Top right corner of your screen, tap the “navigation bar” with three dots and tap the inbox icon. (This may differ depending on your android device, if your chat options are floating on your screen, tap it and select the option for “create group”).
- Once the group message tab has opened, Click “Add members” and your phone’s contacts will be displayed on the screen.(you can as well search the name of the person you want to include in your group).
- Select the person you want to add.
Having selected the list of people you want to add to your group, click the “Done button” and proceed to type your message and send it.
These are the steps you will follow to add members in a WhatsApp group:
- Open “WhatsApp” app.
- Click on the group chat bar.
- Click the name of the group chat you want to add the person and click “add participants”.
- Tap on the name of the person you want to add as you scroll down the contact list.
- Click “Add button” to add the contact.
Instead of sending the same message to each and every person you wish to send the message, a group text is used to simplify the work load. Marketers use mass texting to carry out their activities in reaching out to their audience.
I am an Android app developer, content writer and freelancer. Working as an app developer since 2017. I always share various android app related suggestion, guide, tips and tricks.