Google Docs is very useful for content creation or article writing because it allows you to easily write and save. So now, I want to explain to you how to add a textbox in google docs. You can easily add text boxes to Google Docs.
How to add a textbox in google docs
I will teach you to step by step to insert a text box in Google Docs in drive, for you must follow the following steps:
- Within the document in Google Docs, go to the Insert tab.
- Click on drawing and another click on new.
- In the drawing window, click on the text box, which has as an icon image a square outline with a T in the center.
- Then, click on the work area.
- Write the text you want to insert into the document.
- Finally click on the blue Save and close button, which is located in the upper right part of the window.
Move a textbox in google docs
Once you have inserted the text box into the document, it has probably been inserted in an inappropriate position, to move it you just have to follow the following steps:
- Click on the text box you just inserted.
- You will notice that the text box is framed by a blue border and below the blue border. There are tools to edit the text box.
- Now Click on the three dots and select all the image options.
- A panel of image options will appear in the right part of the window, click on Wrap text.
- In the text wrapping options, click on wrapping text.
- Then, click on the text box and with a sustained click-drag the text box to move it to the location you want within the document.
How to edit a textbox in google docs
- Click on the text box inserted in the document.
- You will notice that the text box is framed by a blue border and below the blue border there are tools to edit the text box, click on modify.
- The drawing window will appear, where you can edit the text using the formatting tools such as color, type, font, font size and more.
- But, to format the text you must first click on the text to select it.
You can also read it: How to make a flow chart in google docs?
I hope that the entry How to add a textbox in google docs has been very helpful, if the information was useful, share it with your friends!
Charlie M. Patton is a content writer and blogger who loves to share tricks about Microsoft Office, Excel, Google Docs. He has vast experience in using different versions of MS word, Excel, PowerPoint and other related software. Charlie M. Patton also shares tips on how to use the latest version of Google Docs which is still being developed by developers at google!