LinkedIn is American-developed professional networking and career development platform that connects people from around the world.
The main goal of LinkedIn is to connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful.
Therefore, this platform ‘s user interface is constantly enhanced to increase the connectivity among members and to create a safe platform for the members to build their professional relationships.
In concern of the members’ safety LinkedIn has taken various measures to avoid unwanted situations like scams and online harassment.
For instance, members of LinkedIn who had a bad experience with another user in the platform can block and report them.
Here are the steps to block someone on LinkedIn.
- 1 Steps to block someone on LinkedIn (Website)
- 2 Steps to block someone on LinkedIn (Android)
- 3 Commonly Asked Questions.
- 3.1 Question: What is the maximum number of users that can be blocked?
- 3.2 Question: Why can’t I connect with someone on LinkedIn?
- 3.3 Question: What are first, second, and third connections referred to in LinkedIn?
- 3.4 Question: How do I mention a person in a LinkedIn post?
- 3.5 Questions: Who can give endorsements on LinkedIn?
- 3.6 Conclusion
Steps to block someone on LinkedIn (Website)
1. Open LinkedIn Website
2. Click the “More” option below the member’s profile picture and select the “Report/Block from the list” option.
3. When the “What do you want to do” menu pops up select the “Block (members name)” option.
4. Click “Block” to proceed.
Steps to block someone on LinkedIn (Android)
1. Open LinkedIn Android version.
2. Then click on the three-dots “more” icon from the top-right of the page.
3. Select the “Report or Block” option from the dropdown menu.
4. Click “Block (Member’s name)”.
5. When the confirmation menu pops up, click “Block” to proceed.
Commonly Asked Questions.
Question: What is the maximum number of users that can be blocked?
Answer: Users can block up to 1400 members on LinkedIn.
Question: Why can’t I connect with someone on LinkedIn?
Answer: This could be due to a few reasons such as you might have exceeded your invitation limit, the user might have blocked you or the user might have blocked you.
Question: What are first, second, and third connections referred to in LinkedIn?
Answer: First connections refer to the direct connections. While the second connection users are connections of your connection. The third connections LinkedIn users who are connected to the second connections.
Question: How do I mention a person in a LinkedIn post?
Answer: Click “Start a post” then to mention the person type “@” and then begin typing a name. Next click the name of the person you want to mention from the drop-list to proceed click the “post” option.
Questions: Who can give endorsements on LinkedIn?
Answers: Endorsements can be given by your connections to validify your online resume by backing up your work experience. For instance, your previous employer or mentor could endorse the skills that
LinkedIn is one of the prominent platforms for networking and career opportunities. However, just like any other website, there are chances for scammers to be among them.
Therefore, LinkedIn has provided options to curb scamming and other similar issues from happening on this platform.
For instance, LinkedIn provides options to block or report on other users whom they had a bad experience with.
This is to improve the safety and reliability of this website for job seekers and employers to feel safe being part of the LinkedIn network.
Checkout to know on How to disconnect with someone on LinkedIn?
I am a professional content writer and freelancer. I have been writing for over 8 years now, with an expertise in the world of technology. My articles are usually about how to use new technologies that are being introduced on the market, or some other type of related topic. Currently, my favorite topics are blockchain and cryptocurrencies because they’re so interesting!